Dental implants are the replacement tooth roots, which provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth exactly matching your natural teeth. Despite improvements in oral care, millions of Americans suffer tooth loss — because of tooth decay, periodontal diseases, or dental injury. For years, the only treatment options available for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures. But, today, dental implants are the best option available.
Who Are The Candidates For Dental Implants?
If you have issues like missing teeth or have broken or decayed teeth that might not be repaired, implants are usually the answer. If you feel uncomfortable with your dentures, or partial dentures, or bridge, dental implants could benefit you. Previously, patients with insufficient bone or certain health conditions or habits were not considered candidates for implants. Advances in diagnostics and bone reconstruction help most of the patients receive dental implants.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants feel like natural teeth – One of the most significant benefits of a dental implant is that it makes you feel like your natural teeth. It also restores the full chewing power of the patient. Most patients can eat normally, and they also can brush and floss as usual.
- Dental implants last for a lifetime – Usually, dental bridge lasts around ten years or so, but dental implants last a lifetime. Being made up of titanium, it integrates with the jawbone. It is also bio-compatible (it’s non-toxic and hence, not rejected by the body).
- Dental implants prevent bone loss – Loss of bone occurs in the jaw when there are no tooth roots (or implants) keeping the jaw bone stimulated. If no implant is placed in the first year of losing a tooth, that particular bone area loses around 25% of its volume. It continues over the years.
- Dental implants keep the stability of adjacent teeth – The gap occurring from a missing tooth can lead the adjacent teeth to move towards the gap crookedly. This pulls your teeth out of the original position affecting your bite, chewing ability, and look. It can result in interference that makes tooth replacement a bit difficult. A poor bite can also cause your TMJ (temporomandibular joint), followed by pain and headaches.
- Dental implants can prevent gum disease – As we know, a missing tooth gap can result in trapping food and bacteria, ultimately leading to gum disease. A dental implant acts as a panacea in this regard.
- A dental implant prevents facial sagging and premature aging – Facial sagging is mostly a result of bone loss occurred by missing teeth. This causes the lower third of the face to collapse, slowly closing the space between the tip of your nose and chin. This results in wrinkles around the mouth, thinning down lips, and a more pointed chin, making you look a lot older than your original age.
- Matches your natural teeth – Dental implants appear and make you feel like your teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent. Being available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, your dentist will pick an implant matching the color of your surrounding teeth and fit accurately in the gap.
- Implants restore biting force – As because dental implants are established into your jaw with a titanium post, it allows you to bite more efficiently like your natural teeth. Other tooth replacement procedures do not restore your bite force as they get fixed on top of the gums and aren’t rooted.
- Implants boost your face’s shape – As you lose teeth, you lose the support, which eventually brings a change in the form of your face, making you look older than your actual age. Dental implants provide similar assistance to make your facial shape better.
- Enables natural speech as before – Some tooth replacement procedures, like dentures, can impact your ability to pronounce words correctly. Missing teeth usually alter your speech, but dental implants enable you to speak quickly and accurately.
- It helps in avoiding cavities – The material that is used in dental implants can’t decay. You’ll need not worry about having cavities in your dental implants!
- Dental implants are easy to care for – Dental implants don’t require you to buy any particular or specialized products to clean or take care of them. There is no need for cups of cleansing tablets, adhesive, or individual flossers. You need to brush and floss, just the way you used to do with your natural teeth.
- No embarrassing slippage by dental implants – Patients with dentures usually feel self-conscious while speaking, laughing, or eating in public, as dentures are not correctly fixed in the mouth. Dental implants are firmly rooted; they will never embarrass you while chewing or talking.
How Successful Are Dental Implants?
The success rate of dental implants varies depending on where in the jaw, the implants are placed. But, in general, dental implants are successful among 98% of patients that last a lifetime. If you require a tooth replacement option, you should consider dental implants. To find out if you’re the right candidate for dental implants, schedule a consultation at Implants Pro Centre, San Francisco.
Implants Pro Center©, San Francisco, offers a consultation at your convenience. You can learn more about dental implants and Implant Pro Center’s treatment approaches. Find out today how dental implants can change your life. At Implants Pro Center©, San Francisco, we take all primary dental and medical PPO insurances and Medicare, thereby decreasing your anxiety about the expense of dental implant treatment or any oral surgeries. A tremendously experienced and caring team will give life-long care, maintenance, and assistance. Implants Pro Center© is also decked with all the modern technologies like CT-Scan, Intravenous Sedation, Platelet Rich Fibrin, etc. to present nothing less than the best services. You will be entirely at ease for any of your surgeries.