Dental implants are an excellent alternative to traditional replacement methods. They can close gaps or replace several teeth. In addition to their high-quality aesthetic, dental implants ensure a firm bite and feel extremely stable. And even better: they feel and look just like your own teeth.
Minimally invasive dental implants are the wave of the future in dental implantology. Minimally invasive dental implant replacement is a revolutionary step in permanent teeth restoration. Often in two visits, patients who are missing teeth or frustrated with poorly fitting dentures can walk out with precisely fitting, aesthetic implants. Minimally invasive dental implant surgeries are possible with advancement in 3D imaging and utilization of proven surgical methods to manipulate bone and gum tissues. 3D visualization of your jaw removes the guesswork. This increases the precision and reduces the time for surgery. Bone is bendable and expandable by the use of certain surgical instruments through small cuts in the gums. Bone grafting sometimes is required to develop the proper foundation for dental implants to be placed in the patient’s jaw. In the past, big incisions and flapping of tissue were required to accomplish the bone grafting procedure. Additionally, patients had to wait a few months for the bone grafts to mature before placement of the dental implant.
A good percentage of those bone grafting procedures with modern principles of minimally invasive surgeries for dental implants can be avoided and patients can have their dental implants placed immediately, saving patient’s time and money. Computerized pre-planning inherently leads to patients spending far less time in a dental chair. Patients generally return to their normal daily routine the same day.
Who should go for minimally invasive dental implants?
- Patients who are missing one or more teeth due to injury, disease or tooth decay.
- Those frustrated with loose or poor fitting partial or full dentures.
- Patients with adequate gum and bone to support the implant without risk. The good news here is that most patients today fit into this category because implants now come in various shapes and sizes.
Some of the benefits of minimally invasive dental implants are:
- Protects the gums and sensitive periosteum.
- It is gentler and less invasive.
- Virtually painless. The pre-treatment computer guided planning helps avoid steps that previously led to a more traumatic type of healing. The reduced pain also lessens the need for potent prescription opioid medications.
- Shorter operation. Less manipulation of gum tissue and bone exposure leads to a reduced surgery time and often no sutures at all.
- Ideal for high-risk patients such as those who take blood-thinners and patients with diabetes.
- With less extensive surgery, we see fewer complications. It helps doctors maintain as much healthy tissue as possible which can improve aesthetics and dental health overall.
- Greater patient comfort.
- More precise implant placement.
- Less anxiety. Knowing we are able to replicate one’s full dental structure on a computer, anticipate any possible issues and plot a meticulous step-by-step course based on the specific case lowers the anxiety level of the patient.
Minimally Invasive Dental Implants Are A Better Alternative To Dentures
For a long time now, dentures have been a popular teeth replacement option for many people because of their affordability. Also, the idea of having surgery may seem frightening to some.
But today, there are many affordable options to replace missing teeth with dental implants and current advances in dental technology have made dental implant surgery minimally invasive.
Dr. Mohamed Ali, CEO of Implant Pro Center™, San Francisco, have been doing minimally invasive implant surgeries for the last 15 years and getting wonderful results in less time and expense, with more post-operative comfort. Additionally, Implant Pro Center™, San Francisco, is now accepting both dental and medical PPO insurances, which cover dental implants and bone grafts, making the treatment extremely affordable.